Farewell Vancouver


Some notes from July 06

Saying goodbye to this beautiful city is hard. I had the time of my life here. No matter what time of the year; when I would look out of my bedroom window, I could see green trees. I never got tired of this view or the view of downtown Vancouver from one of the bridges. I always admired the cherry blossoms on the Lower Mall and always held my breath when I was looking at the water and mountains from the Rose Garden.

I have met some of the most interesting and not so interesting people here. I found friendship in people I least expected. I also got to know myself better. I never thought I would attach to a place again. You would think when you move a lot and leave your friends behind for couple of times, you get use to it. But that hasn’t happened to me yet. I guess it never will. I got emotional as I said goodbye to some of my friends.

I want to be excited for the start of a new chapter in my life but it seems more that I’m living in a denial. I don’t even feel anxious. I feel empty. I have cut all the wires from my brain to my heart. Every time I feel sad, I block all those thoughts. I have even stopped dreaming. I know I should be proud of myself to have the courage to make another move, another change yet the truth is I’m taking it one day at a time. I have stopped doing long term planning because that is the only way I can keep going. Every time I’ve taken a risk (not that many), it turned out to be in my advantage. I hope this time is the case as well. I hope the universe nudges me toward new adventures beyond my imagination. I must start dreaming again...

Comments

Anonymous said…
Daisy jan,

I really wishi you a great new chapter in your life, full of happiness and success. I know it is so hard to start again, but I also know that every new start is a sign of new good things...

be happy my friend; be happy and enjoy your time.
We are always with you.
linus said…
I've read this post several times. I can't leave a comment for posts that are in any sense have a farewell theme....
But your courageous seeking of CHANGE, is not something I can pass easily....
So, I am wishing upon the stars for you and I hope wonderful and incredible blissful moments ahead of you :D

Yours

Weblog sahab!

PS: Seeing AB+ link in the sidebar of your blog, ba man aan kard ke booye jooy mooliyan ayad hami ba amire saamani!
I'll start writing there in a near future, for your sake!
Nader said…
Having gone through these moves myself, I can relate with you wholeheartedly as I know how tough they can be. I wish you all the best in your journey. The good thing is that your blog will move with you and we will always be here with you no matter what. Take care dear Daisy.
Daisy said…
Parinaz joon,
Thanks for your kind words. I feel so lucky to have good friends everywhere.

I still remember those days that our blogs looked the same and you used to write more often. I miss you these days more than ever. I hope you go back to your previous routine when it comes to writing.
Daisy said…
Dear Weblog Sahab! thanks for leaving a comment anyway;)

I was hesitant to move away from Vancouver for a new job but I hope this turns out to be more of a blessing than a mixed blessing.

I left AB+ link just because it's hard to let go. You don't have to write anything there. I'm sure after a while I'll get use to your new blog . It looks great BTW.
Daisy said…
Hi Nader, Thanks for the heartwarming comment.

I believe human is more adaptable than they think they are. I'm sure it will be tough at the beginning but I'll get use to my new surrounding if I accept it. --In order to gain something, we have to give up other things--.

I'm very grateful that I can take my blog anywhere I go. It would have been a pity to lose loyal readers and supporters like you guys.
Behdokht said…
Hope you find what you deserve and wish for in your new place.
Best :)
Daisy said…
Dear Behi! you always come here with the sweetest comments. Thank you. I wish you the best.
Nava said…
I wish you luck, courage and happiness in whatever you have ahead of you. Taking risks needs a lot of dare, and you've been brave enough to do it. I hope it is absolutely benefitial for you present and future.
Best of luck :)
Daisy said…
thanks so very much Nava jan,
I look forward to reading your blog again. I hope you shorten your break and come back.

Popular Posts

Things that really matter

"Be a rainbow in someone’s cloud"

Happy Nowruz 1390!!!