Happiness: a familiar term with an undefined definition

"It's good to be just plain happy; it's a little better to know that you're happy; but to understand that you're happy and to know why and how and still be happy, be happy in the being and the knowing, well that is beyond happiness, that is bliss."
Henry Miller


They have put me on hold for the past 20 min to extend my health insurance. Patiently waiting to see when that next available agent they keep promising, will be with me, makes me think about these past two weeks with all its moments. It feels like I am always waiting for something, for tomorrow, for next weekend, for next month, for … . I’m tried of waiting for that bright future, for the day that I have it all. What if happiness is so vague and fuzzy that passes me by without I know it.

Comments

Shobeir said…
I've been there a lot...
Looking at past and Bam it seems I was happy on those days (and not knowing the fact I was kinda gloomy inside and I just seek it in future)...
Damn it, I am in future and now I'm seeking it through my memories...
It's a sad story, isn't it :D ?
Daisy said…
When I left Iran and I was homesick, I used to be too nostalgic about my past. It was a scary time because I thought I would never be happy again. Those days are over- thank god- now I'm learning how to live for today, for this exact moment. this is not easy either.

Popular Posts

Things that really matter

"Be a rainbow in someone’s cloud"

Happy Nowruz 1390!!!