Prezi

My colleague calls Prezi “a motion-sickness inducing recipe for instructional disasters”. I have not used Prezi for a while because it takes a lot of time to design a good presentation. There are advantages and disadvantages with Prezi.

Prezi is great if you know how to use it right. The approach for designing a presentation in Prezi should be very different than in using PowerPoint. You should not just take your slides from a PowerPoint presentation and convert them to Prezi. It requires great amount of storytelling skills and creativity to come up with an excellent Prezi presentation. So I think a well done presentation using Prezi is more powerful than a well done presentation using PowerPoint. Also a bad presentation in Prezi is worse than a bad presentation in PowerPoint for the same reason.

I think Prezi works better for global learner audience. I am a global learner myself and I need to always have a bigger picture. So I enjoy watching a good Prezi presentation. I think Prezi is great for e-Posters. It is static. You use all features but the motion and pathways.

Anyway, I am not in love with Prezi but I think it has a lot of potential to turn your presentation to something fantastic if you know what you are doing.

Comments

Popular Posts

Things that really matter

"Be a rainbow in someone’s cloud"

Happy Nowruz 1390!!!