Bird by Bird

"Anne Lamott claims the two best prayers she knows are: "Help me, help me, help me" and "Thank you, thank you, thank you." She has a friend whose morning prayer each day is "Whatever," and whose evening prayer is "Oh, well."" from here. 

I thought that was one of the best things I have ever read. It is been sometimes that someone recommended me to read 'Bird by Bird'. It was a rainy night and she was giving me a ride to my place after work's Christmas party. She was the main editor, helping scientists of the group to polish their manuscripts for publication. I might have written about her here...

I only talked to her for 20min or so and I can't even remember her face or her name but I remember that I admired her personality. I haven't read 'Bird by Bird' yet.

Comments

Popular Posts

Things that really matter

"Be a rainbow in someone’s cloud"

Happy Nowruz 1390!!!