A dear virtual friend, Ms. Alchemist, challenged me to add my own items to her list. I say this is a challenge because I don’t want to come up with things that most people might find annoying. Although I think pink socks goes very well with jeans and black top (because I love unique styles) :), I am writing this in English since the original reason that I started my blog was to improve my English writing.
Anyway, I invite all of you to share your own lists if you’d like. So, basically I am writing this post and if you are interested in participating, go ahead write up your own and link your post in the comment section of this post.
Things that get on my nerves are the followings:
- When people think getting drunk is cool!!
- When someone thinks they are nice by setting me up with a guy without my approval or an advance notice.
- Those Iranians who think any issues or problem that our community is facing is limited to us (Iranian) and no one else.
- On the contrary, those people, specially Iranians, who think they have the most amazing history, civilization, culture, or whatever. Stop being so proud of what we used to have/ to be! You can only be proud of your own accomplishments. It does not matter what people before you (particularly thousands years ago) have done. In addition, stop blaming other ethnicities for what we became (i.e. this can be considered racism sometimes).
- It is really irritating when someone asks me for an advice and then they go and do whatever they wanted to do in the first place. Why do you bother to ask me!!
- Also, it is very annoying to know people who are struggling financially but they prefer to pay for booze rather than food. I always try to respect other people’s choices specially when it does not affect me. But this is one single thing that I think I will never understand.
- I used to get very upset when people were late and I had to wait for them but I am getting better now. I learned to like my friends the way they are ;)
The list can go on but I should stop right here!