What is your type?

"Whatever the circumstance of your life, the understanding of type can make your perceptions clearer, your judgments sounder, and your life closer to your heart’s desire".

I am not asking who your type is! My question is what your personality type is. If you have not done the Myers-Briggs personality test yet, I recommend you do it now. It can be fun. This test is developed according to human cognitive functions based on experimental observation. So, there is not an established scientific theory behind it. Usually, you should take the test in the presence of trained professionals such as consultants or therapists but this link provides you with a decent questionnaire. I found the result to be fairly good.
After almost two years, couple of weeks ago, I did the test for the second time. I am Rational and specifically considered to be INTJ (Introversion, iNtuition, Thinking, Judgment), mastermind, and independent thinker.
I agree that whatever shapes us, human psychic and personality, is more complex and diverse to be explained only by 16 Myers-Briggs Type categories. However, this is not to be compare with your daily horoscope. Some people use it to identify other people’s personality in order to know how best to approach them and what to expect from them. What I like about it is each personality has its own unique qualities and shortcomings, strengths and challenges. It is not like IQ score or GPA. and there is not any max score associated with each category. Everything is acceptable. You can respond to the questions anyway you want because there is no right or wrong answer. I am not suggesting by taking this test you will get to know yourself, but it is good opportunity to reflect on your temperament. Also, helps to accept other people’s behaviour easier.
Nowadays, I want to know the types of each and every friends, to see if I guess their type accurately. 

Comments

Popular Posts

Things that really matter

"Be a rainbow in someone’s cloud"

Happy Nowruz 1390!!!