Another chapter

I'm heading to Ottawa tomorrow to start my summer job. This will be the first time that I'm working for such a huge organization. I've butterflies in the stomach. I'm scared. So many negative thoughts are going through my head now. What if and what if??? I'm pushing everything away. Stop thinking about them.

During the interview, I was told that the job would be in a high pressure environment. I replied no problem; I work better under pressure- which is totally true. This isn't the first time that I'm challenging myself to become (or get closer to) the person I want to be. I could have picked something less demanding, something easier and enjoy my summer in Vancouver with my new friends. But I had to pick this one. I had to do this and go through another move and settle into another new city. I need to work on my self-confidence. This isn't the first time and it won't be the last time. I need to push myself and remind myself over and over that, everything will be fine.

Comments

Anonymous said…
That's what I exactly have experienced before: First Fears!
But they 'll become known as childich Fears to you soon...You will pass them all bit by bit, and through this trip, you'll grow up again.
That's the good point "changes" have!
good luck then!
Anonymous said…
Challange, challange and challange...
This is exactly the magic spell that makes our life more difficult but sweeter and more adventurous :)
And If we combine challange with confidence the result would be Success! (I just can't figure out my new tendency to make equations!
Challange + confidence + other factors = Success.
Hard work, perserverance and being an adventuresome are all essential aspects for a person who wants to march toward the golden gate of success!
Nice job my dear frind and wish you good luck...
Yours

Shobeir
Daisy said…
Thanks guys for your sweet comments and encouragement. I'm taking this challenge and I do my best to do it right. Three days have past and so far it has been an amazing experience. I remind myself that I've to stay calm everyday.

Popular Posts

Things that really matter

"Be a rainbow in someone’s cloud"

Happy Nowruz 1390!!!