The Persepolis in England





I'm back with a lot of unforgettable memories and numbers of new good friends. I have a lot to say but I don’t know where to begin. I may as well take a look at my travel journal, review each pages and write about every one of them. I’m really hoping to write as a new person. I’m hoping this trip has changed me for a better person.

I had the chance to travel to the Persepolis about 15 years ago. Although what have been left from this ancient city are only some ruins, I was touched by what the man is capable of building and destroying. My heart broke as I was walking through different section of the Persepolis and imaging those huge halls and rooms.

Two weeks ago when I visited the British Museum, I was fortunate enough to visit the Persepolis exhibition. Then I realized that it wasn’t only Alexander the Great who destroyed most of this beautiful city but there are so many parts of it stolen by other countries. This is one of the largest sculpture (my favorite) displayed in this Museum and thankfully with small description and translation of the original ancient texts.

Comments

Nazy said…
Thanks for this post Daisy Jan. Welcome back. I'm glad you had a good time my friend. Thank God for museums who try to preserve history for humanity to enjoy in the generations to come. I'm so glad you are back. I'll come and visit you soon.

Popular Posts

Things that really matter

"Be a rainbow in someone’s cloud"

Happy Nowruz 1390!!!