Memoirs of a Geisha

"Now I know that our world is no more permanent than a wave rising on the ocean. Whatever our struggles and triumphs, however we may suffer them, all too soon they bleed into a wash, just like watery ink on paper." ~ by Arthur Golden (Memoirs of a Geisha) 

I just finished this book and the above quote is how this book ends. It was one of the greatest book I have ever read. The story seemed very real. The author is very expressive that it was hard for me to believe that those words didn't come from a woman who actually endured this kind of living. I am not sure if I should watch the movie since usually the movie is not as good as the book itself. More great quotes from the book are available here.  

Comments

Aftab bano said…
I am glad you liked it so much.
I read a book and watched moove long time ago. I liked the movie and was thinking it was made well.
kiss
linus said…
It is always a risky act to watch the movie of your favorite books. But do listen to the soundtrack of the movie :-)

Popular Posts

Things that really matter

"Be a rainbow in someone’s cloud"

Happy Nowruz 1390!!!