The Happiness Hypothesis

"Wisdom is now so cheap and abundant that it floods over us from calendar pages, tea bags, bottle caps, and mass e-mail messages forwarded by well-meaning friends." Jonathan Haidt wrote that in his book, the Happiness Hypothesis. It is so true but it seems that we can't use this wisdom at all since we are still looking for answers to our questions about life and happiness.

Apparently, Haidt has compiled all useful wisdom that we need to know in this book, the Happiness Hypothesis. I have heard many good reviews about this t. It is not self-help book but a combination of ancient ideas and new research findings about happiness from socio-psychological point of view and it is highly regarded by scholars in this field. I will be reading this book and I invite you (if you get the hold of the book) to read it with me if you haven't already. I'd like to know what you think about it. It makes a more interesting discussion.

Comments

Aftab bano said…
OK, I ordered the book and I am in! Thanks for suggestion! Cmok
Robert said…
It certainly seems useful to have a compilation, although daily life apparently still is not guided by an abundance of wisdom on everybody's part ^^ Unfortunately I have no time to read the book now, but I am looking forward to your review :)
Have a marvelous day!
Daisy said…
Fair enough :) I'll try to capture what I learn from this book, summarize the main points, and have it here for others to make comments.
You, have a great day too!

Popular Posts

Things that really matter

"Be a rainbow in someone’s cloud"

Happy Nowruz 1390!!!