Do-re-mi-fa-so-la-ti




The Sound of Music is one of my all time favourite classical/musical movie. It‘s cheerful and makes me smile every time I watch it or listen to one of the Julie Andrews songs. Who couldn’t fall in love with her voice, her peaceful manner, and magnificent view of the Alps, all featured in this movie. The translated version of this movie in Farsi, ashkeha va labkhandha, was very well done too. This video clip shows a wonderful dance of 200 something dancers in one of the main central stations in Belgium. They are dancing with the Do-re-mi-fa-so-la-ti song.

Enjoy! p.s. sorry for those who can't access YouTube. If I find an alternative site, I'll post it here.

Do-re-mi-fa-so-la-ti

Doe, a deer, a female deer
Ray, a drop of golden sun
Me, a name I call myself
Far, a long, long way to run
Sew, a needle pulling thread
La, a note to follow Sew
Tea, a drink with jam and bread

Comments

Anonymous said…
The sound of Music, was once my most favorite movie and my mom says when I was a kid, I used to watch this movie almost every other day!!
:)
That's now a nice memory, full of joy and love...

Thanks for the video! It's nice too!
Daisy said…
As much as I like Julie Andrews, it’s amazing that Mary Poppins never find any place in my heart. I always found it to be boring. One possible reason can be that when I watched it for the first time, I was too old for that type of movie. I guess everything has its won time and it is pleasant at a certain age but memories stay for ever ;)

Popular Posts

Things that really matter

"Be a rainbow in someone’s cloud"

Happy Nowruz 1390!!!