More blah blah

Vancouver Buddhist Temple, 2008- A true calm peaceful place

Today my boss told me that I look calm all the time. I think she meant that as a complement because she added that it was very good to work with people who are calm. I told her that I did not usually show what was going on with me (which is true). Then I said that I did not have any reason to be stressed out (which was not entirely true).

Anyway, this conversation made me wonder about what people may think about other people’s lives and circumstances just by the way they react daily. Life has ups and downs and all of us are going through the same thing at some level / at some point. No one has the prefect life. I always pity jealous people. Not only they think superficially but they self-pity themselves for not having the life of others. It seems that they are in a bubble. Completely absorbed in their own lives that blinded them to see beyond what is really there. Jealousy will also lead to miss any good thins that happens with them. We should hold on to what we have now at this moment and do not take our fortune for granted.

I am not talking about my boss. She was only the one who made me start thinking. I do not know her well to really know what type of person she is.

Comments

linus said…
This is only their "thought"... it has no significance! (even your own thoughts are only superficial things that should be put aside!
No one have the ability to judge this is just our minds play that make us think whatever it (our mind) does is correct...
shaad ziid
Reza Mahani said…
Good points, however, I disagree with the last point. Jealousy is a rather natural reaction for most, if not all, people ... it is less a matter of thinking and logic
Anonymous said…
I extremely liked the sentence "No one has the prefect life." and I believe it's true. So as you said, it is silly to be jealous of people's lives...
Be good Daisy jan and keep writing!

:)
Daisy said…
It's time to answer my readers!
********************************
Shobeir, I didn't understand your comment. I hope you didn't mean I was superficial!!

**********************************

Jealousy is a feeling and reaction. I got your point and i appreciate it. But don't you think sometimes we can have control over our feelings. I guess what I was trying to say was that jealousy is as the result of negative thoughts; when one thinks s/he is not good enough or doesn't have enough; when one forgets to be thankful and ...

*********************************

I have been so busy lately but I try to write more often. thanks for encouragement :)

Popular Posts

Things that really matter

"Be a rainbow in someone’s cloud"

Happy Nowruz 1390!!!