My new project

So much for this weekend and so much for my plans to study. I haven't touched any school work that I was supposed to read. Now instead of reading I'm writing here.

Anyway, for one of my practical projects, I volunteered myself to classify and catalogue a number of Farsi books. This collection has been donated to one the universities here in Vancouver. I went to see the project manager last week. It's about 1 hour and half commute to get there. I don't know what I was thinking when I signed up for it. I believe when I heard they needed someone who knew Farsi, I was so happy that I didn't consider anything else. I didn't even consider the fact that I was not a huge fan of cataloguing. The only thing I knew was I missed touching Farsi books.

Anyway, it turned out that the collection is consisted of 800 books. I'm not sure if I have the time to finish them all. I went to the storage area to look at the books. I saw the complete volume of Loghat Naameh Dehkhoda, Divane Hafez, Shah nameh, Molasadra, and,,,. I made sure that they saw the spark in my eyes as I was holding the books and inspecting them. I made sure they knew that this was one of the best collections I have ever seen. I think they are grateful for receiving it although it means more work for them.

Comments

Anonymous said…
It is a big deal; but still interesting...
Hope you enjoy it!
:)
Daisy said…
I'll update you on this project every once in a while.
Take care Parinaz jan.
Anonymous said…
I am so proud of you...
Reading each line of this post, I couldn't help thinking about eminent characters of Iran...
You are absolutely a Persian girl...
Daisy said…
Yeh! I know I'm very Ironi ; at least I like to think this way and thanks for the encouragement.

Popular Posts

Things that really matter

"Be a rainbow in someone’s cloud"

Happy Nowruz 1390!!!