From a cat to arguments


- I heard one of my roommates saying kindly “what are you doing here? You don’t live here.” Suddenly I heard the other one screaming. Apparently the window balcony was opened and the neighbour’s cat got in. It was the friendliest cat ever. He didn't want to leave. We had to carry him outside and he would come back immediately. I'm wondering why he got so confused to come into our apartment by mistake.

- Argument can be a start of a fight, discussion, art, or dance. It all depends on your cultural background and what is the purpose and goal behind it. Whether it is for confrontation, learning new things, developing a discussion, or sharing different point of views, you might feel differently about arguments. Some people consider avoiding argument as a sign of politeness. Some might regard it as not have the courage to say what you think and believe, or you are being diplomatic.

I know this post is totally random. I wanted to write about the first one since this morning and the second one was the last discussion I had today.

Comments

Nava said…
Hi Daisy,
I hope your argument had lead to dance, or any good ending for that matter.
I like your blog BTW :)
Anonymous said…
Wow nice posts...
I do like the previous one and of course this one...
I just want to recommend you reading a book called: "On Dialogue"
written by David Bohm...
I guess it will change your life...
Anonymous said…
Hi dear daisy!It is good that you are back after a long absence and I'm really happy to read you here again!
Hmmmm...your posts remind me of an old friend I had. I don't know why, but I feel really close to them..
Keep writing and take care.
Daisy said…
Hello Nava, no we didn't end up dancing because it was late at night and we very tired;)
In Chinese culture(as I was told), dance is a metaphor for argument. I guess because it's an art and requires talent to be able to use words and express your opinion.
Thanks for your kind words.
Daisy said…
Shobeir
Thanks for book recommendation. I've put a request on in the library and I 'm in the waiting list. I should get it by next week, I hope. I let you know how it'll change my life ;)

I'm a slow reader, so be patient with me.
Daisy said…
Hello Parinaz,
Thanks for visiting. I don't think we have ever met. I never had a friend named Parinaz but I 'm glad you feel the way you do about my blog.
(Parinaz is such a beautiful name BTW)
Anonymous said…
Dear Daisy,

Thanks a lot for going after the book. Actually the book at first may see simple and even empty of new ideas but be sure it's not like that. It is need to be read deeply and carefully hence I am really pleased with the I-am-a-slow-reader-phrase:D
The author of the book is David Bohm an eminent and outstanding physicist, whom has a great life story...
Take care
Shad ziid

Popular Posts

Things that really matter

"Be a rainbow in someone’s cloud"

Happy Nowruz 1390!!!