Some notes


UBC Campus, April 9, 2008

One of my recreational activities these days has everything to do with blogs. Even I don't write as much as I should, I enjoy navigating through other people's blogs to see what they've to say. It's like communication in a larger scale and with anyone you find interesting. Although I've a very busy schedule, I always find time to spend on blogs. Internet has opened up a great world and so many new possibilities. I guess all the new tools such as blogs and social networking, give us the chance to publish our own works and share them with others. While the concept of Web 2.0 hasn't been worn out, people start talking about Web 3.0. It's interesting to see what is yet to come.

I'm fairly a recent blogger. I used to keep a diary but never persistently. About a year ago, one of my best friends and a former blogger encouraged me to start my own blog. She used to visit my blog time to time, leave a comment, and encourage me to write more. I loved her blog, her poems, and reading her posts too. Right before she started the medical school, Persian blog got filtered. She lost all those wonderful posts because she never kept a back up. I believe she's too busy and heart broken to start a new blog now.

I don't write often because my schedule has been very hectic specially these past few weeks. Studying full-time, working part-time, and looking for a new job at the same time are very demanding. However, writing my own blog is one of the best practices I do. After writing a post, I feel so accomplished. Maybe one reason is that I need to pool my scattered thoughts in order to be able to write them down. I can claim that I'm too free spirit to need anyone's approval for anything I do. I write my blog for myself and without thinking that someone might find it interesting. Having said all of that it's always nice when someone comes by and shows interest to read my next post. So Shobeir, this isn't irritating but encouraging. Thank you :)


Comments

Anonymous said…
Up to now I had problem with my ISP and blogger dot com domain!
According to information theory (Shanon's view point and semantic view of Dreske) information exists wherever there are diffrent possibilities. The more options available, the more information we can extract. So these new possibilities can help us to live a happier life (actually we should watch out misinformations :D)
Well I should appreciate your friend that encouraged you writing blog :)
All in all I'd like to let you know that whenever you write, atleast there is one reader!
yours

Shobeir
P.S 1: I guess this post is mine and I'm proud of it :)
P.S 2: Do you have any idea about naming the new poet :D ?
Daisy said…
Thanks Shobeir for your nice comment. I'm not sure if I agree with "new possibilities can help us to live a happier life". Anyway, I had a long day and I 'm tired but I'll come back and write more about information because this is what I'm studying now.

Yes, that post was for you :)

I'm almost done with my school and should be back to write more often.
Anonymous said…
Cool :D
Nice I'm waiting to hear more from you...

I guess it is clear who this Anonymous is ;)

Popular Posts

Things that really matter

"Be a rainbow in someone’s cloud"

Happy Nowruz 1390!!!