New beginning


The photo is from: http://www.arthurerickson.com/B_koer.html

I didn't have internet for a week and that was frustrating specially during Labour Day weekend. Now it's more than ten days that my Internet is back but I've not written anything yet. I still have some good memories from my summer to write here and to preserve it forever (by forever, I mean as long as this site exists). I will do that later.
A lot has happened this past week. I've moved to a new city, met new people, and start a new life, new program... .
So this will be the first post, I am writing from beautiful Vancouver and I want it to be extra special.
One of the most interesting things I have seen since I got here has to be the Koerner Library located at UBC campus.
It is magnificent glass building, designed by Arthur Erickson . The official opening was 10 years ago and it costs $24 million dollars to finish. It is supposed to be an open book which is turned over. When I get my camera, I'll take some pictures to post here. For now take a look at this one.

Comments

Nazy said…
Happy New Home, Daisy! Tell us more about what you will be studying! How absolutely exciting. I hope you don't miss your vegetable garden too much! Are you in the same time zone as me now? Hee hee, Vancouver is right on top of San Francisco on the map. I might actually come to Vancouver in October to meet a very dear friend. I'll look in on you then!

It is a very impressive building. I would certainly like to see the pictures you take of it Daisy Jan.

Tak care and enjoy your new surroundings. I'm really happy for you.

Popular Posts

Things that really matter

"Be a rainbow in someone’s cloud"

Happy Nowruz 1390!!!