the Secret Diary of Anne Boleyn

**
One of the most exciting novels I read this summer was “the Secret Diary of Anne Boleyn” by Robin Maxwell. I have always been fascinated by history and this one was no exception. As I learned more about the history of England, I started reading about Henry VIII, the brutal and nasty king that England has ever faced. And the story of six miserable wives he acquired. This novel is based on true historical evidence on the life of Anne Boleyn the second wife of Henry VIII and the mother to Queen Elizabeth I. this book is more than history, it is a life story. It is about the true courage of a woman who stood for what she believed in.

I quoted some paragraphs from the book.


This is what Anne said in her diary about the bitter relationship between Henry VIII and her first wife Katherine.
“I watched and saw the love that flowed a river from Katherine’s source to Henry’s raging sea, but never did one drop of that ocean’s love return to her.”

Thomas Wyatt one of Anne’s admirers wrote to her:
“ Sometimes I feel the fire that me brent
By sea, by land, by water and by wind,
And now I follow the coals that be quent
From Dover to Calais against my mind.”

This is what Anne’s father told her as a cruel advice not for her sake but his.
“Hear me Anne. You play a game more dangerous than you care to know. You toy with Kings and Bishops, even Rome. You make fools of men. And other men will die in your name. You will come to no good end, I fear, and you will bring this family down as well.”

Comments

Popular Posts

Things that really matter

"Be a rainbow in someone’s cloud"

Happy Nowruz 1390!!!